Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A FEW ANSWERS

Here are a few answers to your many questions. It will take a minute to answer them all.

Vicente said...
What are your favourite witch movies?

MARK OF THE DEVIL, HORROR HOTEL, BURN,WITCH,BURN, SUSPIRIA, ROSEMARY'S BABY and THE WIZARD OF OZ. I'm sure I forgot something.

zombie515 said...
What happened to the 8hr. halloween 2 documentary that you filmed or will it never be released because there was basically not special features on the dvd release. Have you spoken to the weinsteins about it.

It is just sitting in a vault. I have had many conversations about getting it released in some form but nothing ever happens. It this point I have basically given up on getting it out. Too bad because that was a crazy shoot.

JoshHasty said...
A few nerdy questions. What's your favorite Stanley Kubrick film and why? WIll Lords of Salem be shot on 16mm? Who's cooler, Miles Davis or Ronnie Van Zant? Would you ever entertain the idea of a documentary being produced about your life and career?

My favorite Kubrick film is obviously A CLOCKWORK ORANGE. Still not sure on the format that we will shoot Lords on yet. I prefer Ronnie Van Zant, but both are cool. I'm not ready to be documented yet, maybe when I'm 64.

noahdynamite said...
How do you feel about the Horror movie industry today? Do you think there are any classic movies/actors any more?

I think there are always classic films being made. But it takes time for anyone to consider things classic. I remember many films back when they were released being dismissed as garbage that are now thought of as classics. Sometimes it's the "hate anything new" syndrome. Every time I make a new film suddenly that last one automatically seems better. Age sure can make stuff seem classic.

9 comments:

  1. Answers very interesting, thanks Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah good questions...you should have question answering every week...Skubis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for answering my questions, Rob. I figured CLOCKWORK, but with such a diverse catalog, you never know. Can't wait to see how Lords ends up. I love when you shoot on 16. Do you already have someone shooting the "making of" for you? Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool. Too bad for the halloween thing, loved 30 days of hell, made me want to make movies even more. seems like hard work but enjoyable. "hate anything new" syndrome is for all the 40 year olds still living with mommy. Z man was alread documented by VH1 josh, on VH1 being (rob zombie) it was pretty cool. What I can remember of it anyway.
    cant wait for the LOS though. Hes made pretty nice movies, and Im happy with all of them, not a let down. Happy this crazy cat made it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say you forgot "Black Sunday", because who doesn't love that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen Burn Witch Burn, Horror Hotel, and Mark of the Devil yet..I am going to have to check them out, because I love movies about witches, both horror and non horror movies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ^ Horror Hotel may be listed under The City of the Dead. It's a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What about "Witchfinder General"? My favourites are SUSPIRIA, BLACK SUNDAY (AKA "lA MASCHERA DEL DEMONIO")and... BABY JANE. :)

    ReplyDelete