Wednesday, May 25, 2011

MORE ANSWERS #9

Janthony94 said...
As the greatest horror director, and the great feedback from Halloween, would you remake Nightmare on Elm street, or create a film based on the manson murders, or a snuff film perhaps?

Nightmare On Elm St. has already been remade, I love the idea of making a movie on the Manson murders but there are already too many in production so the idea is kind of beat. Are you sure you know what a snuff film is?

RG said...
Hi Rob,
Were you aware that your name is on the official "Welcome to Haverhill" street sign in Haverhill MA?:
http://www.eagletribune.com/archive/x2073113875
What's the story behind that?

Yes, I am aware. I have not seen it in person, but I've seen a picture. I have no idea how that came about. It just popped up one day. Pretty cool though.

Franky said...
Hi again. I just have to ask another question...don't wanna be pushy but that's what you get for caring about your fans :)
I'd really like to know what you think of Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez and Spike Lee. Do you like their movies? Their attitudes? And would you like to team up with them (or one of them) for a movie project? As a movie enthusiast I just have to know this...

I think all three of those guys are cool and have made great films. I already got to team with Quentin and Robert on GRINDHOUSE. I don't see a Spike Lee team-up in my future.

thiswaytheend said...
As a Rocky Horror fan, would you ever consider casting Tim Curry a part in one of your future films?

Sure. I think he's awesome. I've always loved Rocky Horror ever since I first saw in back in 1980.

Jeeva said...
Well, I have two more technical questions.

The first regarding your choice of aspect ratio for your films. With the exception of the first 'Halloween' you shoot all your films in 1.85:1. Is that the one you prefer? And was it your choice to shoot 'Halloween' in scope or did the producers demand that?

I love that you shoot your stuff on good old fashioned film, since it's got a lot more texture and life in it. What do you think about shooting digital and the whole 3D craze that's going on?

I don't remember why I shot Halloween in a different aspect ratio, it wasn't a producer call.

As far as digital, I may try it out soon, how knows. 3D is fine for some movies, but not every movie. I think it is a cool gimmick should be used on the films that need it.

5 comments:

  1. I would love to see Tim Curry in one of your films..I loved him in Rocky Horror, It, and Legend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello rob. i was wondering if there is any place we could go to view your tattoo work. it would be awesome to see some full up close shots of your arms . thank you for the consideration

    luke pape

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rob,

    Just wondering if there might be a film following the adventures of the Unholy 2 in the future? The world needs a great biker flick, and you would deliver the goods... Many thanks!

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mr. Zombie,

    Thanks for answering fan questions. I wish more filmmakers/musicians were willing to do this.

    Two questions for you: first, why did you and Phil Parmet not work together on H2? I loved Brandon Trost's work on the film, but I guess I assumed you and Phil would work together again after doing Rejects and Halloween together. I've watched Michael Lives, and there are a few moments where you guys don't see eye to eye on things. Did he not like where you were going with H2, or was it something as simple as a scheduling conflict?

    Second, I've always seen Michael as a bit of a Grim Reaper character in H2, especially with the way his hood obscures his face in most shots. Was this intentional or am I reading too much into it?

    Thanks again!

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey rob, big fan here!!!!
    just a question...
    i love how in, "house of 1000 corpses" and Devils rejects" you added and included captain spaulding, in that inspiration, would you ever consider doing any work on clowns, since half of the nation has a clown phobia. I am an amature film writter for like film festival films and i know one project i did was about duranged cannibal clowns, it was called, "Klown House" it was pretty cool and i had alot of fun with it while keeping it to a point. so i just wanted to know, if you would ever consider any future projects cause you being the best perspected writter, in my book, i think you could do alot better then the film everybody rants about, "IT". Just a question though thanx

    ReplyDelete